The vet answers "Why is it important to make a conscious decision to spay your female dog?"
- It stops firing bleeding, so males are not attracted.
- They have less desire to roam.
- Risk of mammary gland tumours, ovarian and/or uterine cancer is reduced or eliminated. Especially after the first breeding cycle.
- Reduces the risk of pus-filled uterine infections.
- Reduces the number of unwanted reproductions.
- Overall, our pets can live longer and healthier lives.
- Early neutering doubles the chance of hip dysplasia.
- Early neutering increases the number of joint abnormalities in dogs by a factor of four.
- Neutering dogs triples the risk of more joint problems in the German Shepherd breed.
- Neutering reduces the lifespan of Rottweilers.
- Neutering increases the risk of cancer in dogs.
If you have any further questions or would like to find out more about neutering for your dog's breed, age and condition, we welcome your application to ensure that all dogs receive the best care and attention for their needs.